Quarter Four brings on the slacking students

MacKenzie Silverstein, Staff Writer

As the school year is wrapping up you’ll often find students not performing at their best when it comes to academics. It’s not only because the weather’s getting warmer as the days go on, and students are just giving up, but the allergies, lack of sleep, and  the ability to socialize less because of the teachers overloading students with work, plays a huge role as quarter four grades close.

“Everyone says quarter four is a breeze and maybe I’m the only one who looks at it differently but I see it as a time to try to maintain my  grades considering teachers pound on work at this time of the year.”  Said Junior Marlee Smith

You might not see it coming but quarter four tends to be one of the most stressful quarters as the year ends, which is  especially true for juniors since 11th grade is supposed to be the toughest year.

Students tend to lack on doing homework and studying for test and quizzes as they just socialize during study instead of doing work. Just because the weather is warmer is no excuse for the teachers to just ‘stop teaching’ like some students say. As each day gets closer to the last day, students are doing the work and teachers are lecturing less so they can get your grades up. However some students say it’s so stressful because it’s a lot at once.

“I understand that it’s their job but they need to understand we are getting the same thing from every class!” said Junior Amelia Flynn

During this time of the year it’s also important for students to get enough sleep so they can get a chance to relax.  Yes it’s good to study and be prepared for your test but it will not benefit anything if kids are constantly  running off of two hours of sleep.

“The week before finals is the most stressful week because we have a test in basically every class and then another week full of test again for finals, this is why I have no sleep because i’m up studying all the time so I can keep my grades up. Said Junior Carly Macdonald

Spring allergies are very common for most people. These allergies do play a major role in grades believe it or not. You’ll often see people sneezing, coughing having runny noses, or even itching their eyes constantly. Doesn’t seem fun huh?  When students get home and they don’t feel well they will most likely want to go lay down and rest instead of doing homework or studying for their next big test or quiz. Allergies tend to put people in bad moods because who wants to really feel sick when the weather is so nice outside?  

Students say it’s just the weather that makes them not do good in school and they just give up, but that is not the case. There are many different roles and reasons behind why students grades actually go down at the end of the year.Although it’s a lot going on at once it still doesn’t make it right to slack off during school. Don’t you want to end your school year with good grades?