Can the junior class tell the future?

Juniors perspective on what to expect for next year

Savannah Nolan, Staff Writer

“I think it’s gonna be a smack in the face, for the past three years we’ve had a set routine and now everything is changing for our last year,” said junior Morgan Monroe in response, when she was asked to what to expect for next year.

As the school year comes to an end, triton students are already thinking about next year, particularly the future senior class of 2019.

Many upcoming seniors have very mixed expectations and emotions about  next year’s school year.

Junior Colleen McCarthy explained that her main focus for next year is leaving.  “Triton has been good and all, but the thing I am looking forward to most next year is leaving and moving on,” said McCarthy.

Next year’s seniors are in for a real treat; a budget crisis, a new schedule and lots of senior activities, but will they be able to handle it or just want to leave like McCarthy?  

On the contrary, junior Mackenna Faucher explained that she is ready to take on next year’s challenges but explains the struggle of the new schedule.

“ I think I can handle the changes next year, but I definitely think  that the new schedule will be hard to adjust to at first. It’s going to be tricky to not have set morning classes. But, because the first period of the day could be a class I have last too, this means I would have a morning study. Everyone has acronyms for each day, so it’s going to be strange when we can’t use them anymore,” said Faucher.

In addition to Faucher, junior Jack Taylor also agrees that next year’s schedule will throw people off along with several other concerns he expresses.

“My prediction for next year is that it’s going to be confusing. Probably bigger classes because of budget cuts, probably going to be confusing with a new schedule,” said Taylor.

In addition to new changes, the upcoming seniors already may face new consequences for next year’s school year.

Rumor has it homecoming for seniors next year will be taken away due to their behavior at the skits this year.

Junior Emily Karvelis expressed frustration towards the situation.

“Homecoming has always been one of my favorite traditions at Triton, and if we have to give it up next year I’ll be upset about it. So I hope we still get to have it next year,” said Karvelis.

Even if homecoming does get taken away,  Taylor explains that there will be other exciting traditions to look forward to like senior week.

“I’m excited for senior week. There’s always fun stuff to do, but  I am most excited for going to the Red Sox,” Said Taylor.

With class of 2018 leaving, junior Caitlyn Roberge gives her prediction on how sports teams will do next year.

“In general I feel like they’re gonna fall down a little because there are so many talented athletic seniors graduating this year,  so without them some sports teams may not do as well as they have in the past. Field hockey is my main sport and for my last year for field hockey we’ve lost so many great athletes over the years, that I know it will be hard but I am still hopeful to see who will step up”, said Roberge.

With many juniors expressing strong opinions and or predictions, there are some including  junior Diego Fernandez who just go with the flow.

“I don’t know what to expect I’m just gonna ride the wave, and see what happens, change isn’t a big deal if there is any,” said Fernandez.

Regardless of what happens next year Faucher assures us that it’s bound to be our best year yet.

“We’ll hopefully have more privileges and a lighter workload. It’ll be fun to be the oldest in the school. Everyone always says senior year is the best part of highschool so I’m excited,” said Faucher.