Top 5 Worst Things in 2017

Erin Drew, Staff Writer

As 2017 is coming to an end soon, Triton Voice reflected back on the year and while some good things did happen this year there was also a lot of bad things that happened.

The library here at Triton has had some big changes this school year. Only five students from each study hall are allowed to go down each period and there is absolutely no eating in the library.

“Sometimes I get to my study room too late and all of the passes are gone so I can’t go down to the library even if i need to use a chromebook” said Junior Lindsey Gardella. This has been a really big change for the students to adjust to and many students aren’t too happy about the change.

The vending machines that used to be right outside the library and near the gym have been shut down this year and this is another change in the school that students don’t like. The vending machines used to be an easy way for students to get snacks throughout the day. So now if students want a snack to eat during the day, they have to bring it from home.

“I used to get my snack everyday from the lunchroom during third period or when I had study so now I never have a snack because I don’t have time to get one in the morning” said Junior Jess Hood.

As everyone in Triton knows, third period is snack period and many students used to go to the cafeteria to buy a snack. This year, the cafeteria stopped selling snacks during third period. All students who want to buy a snack before third period have to do it before school. This new rule is very inconvenient for students.

Last school year the lunches were reduced from three to two. Lunches are now much more crowded. Long lunch lines are something that isn’t enjoyable when lunch is 20 minutes long.

Sometimes when students get out of the line they will only have 10 minutes to eat. “I buy lunch everyday and if i don’t get down to the lunch room really fast then I have to waste about 10 minutes of my lunch waiting in line” said Junior Erica Lops.

Vaping has become a really big issue this year in and out of Triton. Although vapes has been around for a while now, they have just become an issue in the past year here at Triton. Kids are vaping in the bathrooms and it is against school rules.

Triton is still a good school, there have just been many changes this year that students are still adjusting to.