No Coffee? Depresso.

Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Marlee Smith & Erika Siemasko, Staff Writer's

Throughout the year, teenagers are traveling all over the district to various coffee shops to quench their thirst for their favorite drinks. The Triton Voice met with an abundance of students to hear their opinion on the best cold drink.

From chai lattes to cold brews, students at Triton Regional High School have a continuous desire for an early morning drink.

“I get up at 6 in the morning to get ready and drive to Soufflés,” senior, Apphia Donoghue shared.

“My sister and I usually go together and split up. One of us will get the drinks at Soufflés and the other gets bagels at Abe’s.”

Soufflés Coffee Shop in Newburyport, MA, is a necessity for countless students. Their chocolate and vanilla chai lattes are their staple, but for senior, Riane Vatcher, she goes straight for a winter classic.

“I always enjoy having hot chocolate in the fall and winter, especially when it’s from Soufflés. I love how I can add in a variety of things, such as caramel, whipped cream, and salt. I think Soufflés has the best tasting drinks overall”.

Dunkin’ Donuts drinks are spotted in nearly every classroom on campus first period. Although most students are seen with coffee, Ashlyn Smith has an even greater sweet tooth.

“The Strawberry Coolatta from Dunks is definitely my favorite. The bitter taste of coffee grosses me out, but I just love the fruity flavor of a Coolatta,” Smith said.

Who knew there were drinks other than coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts? Yet, Dunk’s coffee lovers still remain loyal. Senior Cam Willey and junior Dylan Shute, both are fond of the famous Caramel Swirl iced coffee.

Starbucks, one of the communities beloved coffee shops, is an essential stop for students before school. Students from all over the district travel to downtown Newburyport to spoil themselves with frappucinos, americanos, and teas.

“I really enjoy vanilla chai from Starbucks,” shared sophomore, Erin Gershuny.

“I think it tastes a lot better than coffee, since coffee is so strong. It is sweet, but it is not heavy. It’s definitely my favorite drink.”

Tina Gordon also enjoys Starbucks because of the Very Berry Hibiscuses.

“I hate the taste of coffee, it’s disgusting. I enjoy tea much more because it is more sweet and healthier than loading up my coffee with sugars and cream.”

Plum Island Coffee Roasters is an additional coffee shop in Newburyport. Senior, Julia Cordeau, loves to spend time with her sister there, sipping on an iced coconut coffee.

“I’m not usually a coffee fan, but PICR’s coffee is irresistible,” said Cordeau.

“Their coconut iced coffee is so tasty. It helps me wake up in the morning.”

With a community full of coffee, tea, frappucino, and latte lovers, Triton Regional High School is essentially an advertisement for Dunkin’ Donuts, Starbucks, Soufflés, and Plum Island Coffee Roasters. Not a day goes by where a student is not glued to their treasured morning drink.