Backpack of the Week

Sofia DeSimone, Staff Writer

One of the most common looks for Triton students comes in backpack form. Many students sport a North Face backpack, more specifically black, to school everyday.

These bags are quite pricey, ranging from $60 to $80 each. What makes these backpacks so special? The water bottle compartment? The laptop sleeve? The removable waist belt? Senior Apphia Donoghue answers some of these questions as she tells the Voice about her black North Face backpack.

The convenient backpack is made up of two main pockets – one large for books and agendas and a smaller pocket for pencils, pens, and a calculator, among other supplies.

In the side exterior pouch, Donoghue told the Voice that she “keeps a bottle of water there every day to stay hydrated for soccer practice and games.” This is something she’d recommend to all student athletes who have to juggle a long day of school work with exhausting exercise in a sport.

Inside, in the smaller pocket, Apphia keeps a Chap Stick and a calculator for her calculus honors class. Also, Apphia always keeps a granola bar or other snack handy (especially now since Principal Mr. Ruggere banned buying snacks during snack period).

Inside the larger pocket is where the schoolwork comes into play. A notebook with a puppy on the front cover is kept there, stuffed and overflowing with papers. A textbook or two are hidden within the large pocket, however, they can barely be seen through the piles of loose leaf paper and writing utensils scattered across the bag.

Apphia explained to the Voice that “senior slide has already hit, and it isn’t slowing down anytime soon” as she motioned towards the disorganized bag.

Despite this, Apphia would still rate the backpack a 9.9/10 and is confident that readers and fellow Triton students would have the same reaction.

If you are interested in purchasing a North Face backpack of your own, see the link below:

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/equipment-backpacks-womens-backpacks/womens-borealis?variationId=EJK